Become A Swim Teacher With Us!
Become A Swim Teacher
❓ Are you studying and looking for flexible casual work?
❓ Are you looking to get back in the workforce or changing careers?
❓ Maybe your child swims with us and you think that swim teaching would be an awesome job!
❓ Are you passionate about the importance of swimming & water safety education?
What is Swim Teaching all about?
Making a difference, by giving people of all ages and abilities a skill for life, that could save a life.
Becoming a Swim Teacher is both fun and rewarding! You don’t need to be a champion swimmer; you just need to love what you are doing!
Did you know that drowning rates were 23% higher this Summer than the previous Summer! Helping children and adults to swim is teaching them a valuable skill for life.
Benefits of being a Belgravia Leisure Swim Teacher
- Regular training and professional development
- Worldwide recognised accreditation
- Flexible work, with Part Time and Casual positions
- State and National industry networking and support
- Access to use your home Centre’s facilities
Who can become a Swim Teacher?
We are always looking for high quality Swim Teachers. Anyone with the passion and patients for teaching a vital life skill should consider becoming a swimming teacher.
- Minimum age for entry to complete the course is 17 years.
- Candidates must hold a current HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation qualification and a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to course commencement.
- Candidates are to have a reasonable level of health and fitness.
- No previous experience is needed
- You must be Australian or NZ Citizen or hold an appropriate VISA allowing you to undertake education.
What do you need to become a Swim Teacher?
- Swimming and Water Safety Teacher accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
Not qualified? We can help!
The Swim Teacher Course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to deliver swimming lessons.
We can help you get qualified, find your nearest training course and provide you with the opportunity to complete your practical training onsite with us, to learn our program and develop into excellent employee candidates.
Contact the Centre and our Aquatic Manager will be in touch to discuss the role and training.